Victoria L. Robinson, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. University of Iowa
- Postdoctoral Research Associate HHMI/UMDNJ-RWJMS, Piscataway, NJ
The goal of the research in my laboratory is to understand the relationship between stress and cellular survival. We are particularly focused on how protein biogenesis, an inherently taxing process, is controlled to both conserve resources and support adaption to adverse environmental factors to ensure homeostasis. Our studies have been focused on two families of unusual GTPases, the prokaryotic translation factor BipA and eukaryotic circularly permuted GTPase nucleostemin.
- ASBMB 2022Giancarlo did a great job presenting our work done in collaboration with the May lab here at UConn and the Anand Lab at Penn State !
- New Ph.D. StudentWelcome Josette Nammour who joined the lab Jan. 2022 !!
- New Job !!We will miss Lisa Barbaro who is at Sanofi getting some industry experience ! Good Luck Lisa !!
- Congratulations Julia !!Julia Jerolamon completed her Master’s and is off to her summer fellowship at Bactana Corp.
- New Ph.D. StudentWelcome to Giancarlo Montovano, who joined our group in March 2021 !!
University of Connecticut
91 North Eagleville Road
Storrs, CT 06269-3125